2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Letters To God


My husband and I watched another great movie this weekend.  I will admit it wasn't the best acting, but it was the kind of movie that captures your heart and really makes you think about the difference that one person can make.

"Letters to God" is based on a true story.  It is centered around a boy named Tyler who has terminal cancer.  Even though Tyler is sick and scared, he has total and utter dependence on God, with a faith that is unshakable.  To him, God is his friend, his teacher and so much more.  His prayers take the form of letters.  These letters that he puts into the mail everyday without hesitation. 

Tyler's kindness and faith touches everyone that he meets, even ones who aren't so kind to him.  In particular his letters help to transform the life of a postman who is temporarily taking over his route.

I won't ruin the ending for you.  I loved this movie.  Some parts were a little cheesy.  But I must say you will need a box of tissue or two.  This one child's faith was able to move mountains.  If only we could have so much faith, so much total dependence on God. 

What would happen if our prayers took the form of letters to God?  Who would they reach and how many lives would be touched?

I recommend this movie to anyone,  you will be changed.

1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV) 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

2 comments:

  1. :) I would love to watch this movie.. Hope it is here in Singapore..
    When I first began my journey in RCIA, we were asked to pray. I asked how should one pray? A priest told me that it can be any form and I asked softly, filled with uncertainty if I could pray through letter-writing.. Somewhere along the line, someone told it is a no-no thing so I was at a loss and kind of don't know how to pray until another priest came along and told me to continue with what my heart feels the best.. And, until, today, I am still praying using letter-writing in my note-book..
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great movie to watch...and I can see already why it will leave us thinking about things. Child like faith I tell you our God is good, more then good He is AWESOME..I will have to go to my Video store to see if they have a copy of it.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete