2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Your Worth

How much is your life worth?Image by VanessaO via Flickr
Underestimated, neglected, mistreated, taken for granted, pushed aside, expendable, second guessed, invisible, misunderstood, worthless.

I feel like that a lot lately. I am sure we all do.

Why do we let others decide our worth?  Why do we let other peoples opinions determine what we mean?  We base so much of who we are based on how others treat us and what others think of us. We should know that we are worth so much more.

In this life, some people will try to minimize your worth.  Some may make you feel like you aren't worth anything at all.  But you are worth so much more than you will ever know to the only One that really matters. 

You matter so much that He decided long ago that He could not and would not live without you.  He made a plan, He sent His only Son, who took everything you had bore it on His shoulders and died for you.  All because He couldn't bear to be without you.  You are worth so much that He would move Heaven and Earth to make sure that you were not lost.

He will never forget you, never push you aside, never underestimate you and He will never take you for granted. Because He would rather die than ever live without you!!!!

Matthew 10:29-31 (NIV, ©2011) 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading some of your thoughts on our worth. I just finished a book called; "Defined by Christ" by Toni Sorenson. It was a great read. I am so glad that I know I am a daughter of God. Thanks, for your thoughts.
    Check out my blog: Living Waters @
    http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspiring post! We get so caught up in letting the world and our depraved flesh define us and those voices drown out His still small voice sometimes... but the still small voice never quiets from reminding us of our true worth in Him! Thanks for this! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete