2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Another Door Closes



This past Friday my little one graduated kindergarten.  Such a bittersweet moment for me.  The saddest part is that the school that she has been attending for the past 2 and a half years will be closing.

It was an amazing school that both she and her older brother attended.  It was big enough for her but small enough for him.  It was five minutes from my house, I dropped them off on my way to work without having to go out of my way.  The staff was beyond phenomenal.  It was growing and thriving. It was structured. It was perfect.

So when we got the news this past January that it was closing I was dumbfounded.

I thought this was it, that we had found the perfect school for our children.  They would have stayed there till college.  It was a blessing.  I knew with my whole heart that this is where God wanted them to be. I just couldn't understand.  I was sad, frustrated and angry.  Why were we doing this again?  Then I came to the realization that God has never led me astray, so why should I worry.

Accepting this was difficult, but God always has a plan.  My children are just not meant to be there anymore. God always takes care of His own, and this circumstance is no exception.  I just have to have faith.  God will open another door for all of us, just sometimes I get a little impatient.

Although the future is uncertain, I have a sense of peace.  Knowing that God has a plan and excited to see what He has in store for us.

This is such a huge walk in faith, cause of right now I just cannot see.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment