2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Where Does Your Strength Come From?

Shelter From the StormImage by Tony the Misfit via Flickr
My dad had a moment this evening as he was telling me about this little girl that he saw while he was at the hospital for his latest cancer check.  He sees them often, these little faces, helpless to a disease that has invaded them.  As he saw this little girl with obvious scars from her battle, his heart broke into a million pieces.  He told me about this little girl who so obviously has been dealt a lousy hand, whose body has been put through the ringer.  A little girl, just a little older than mine.  A little girl that no matter what has been thrown at her, had the biggest smile that could brighten up the entire place.

A smile that showed that she had not been defeated, a smile that showed that she was not giving up.  My dad almost breaking down as he was telling us about her.  His total inability to understand how someone so small could be so strong.

I have seen it before, these small children with the strength of a hundred men.  As their parents are breaking down at the very thought of defeat, there they are with the spirit that no disease can touch.  An unfailing drive to persevere.

I don't know why God allows things like this to happen to the most precious, the most innocent.  But one thing I do know is where this little ones strength comes from.  Strength to overcome, strength to fight, strength to make it another day, strength to smile.

How many lives can one little precious soul touch?  How many lives can one strong smile change?

Where does your strength come from?????

Psalm 18:2 (NIV, ©2011)  2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn f my salvation, my stronghold.

Mark 10:14 (NIV, ©2011) 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Matthew 18:10 (New Living Translation) 10 “Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. A child can be strong with the help of God. I added myself as a follower. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed.. Strength.. and yet it is displayed through a child most of the time..

    No hurry, my dear.. I know you are busy... And yes, take your time to post.. By the way, I would like to invite you to my meme - TT, Thankfulness Tuesday.. Yes, it is about sharing thankfulness on every Tuesday..

    It can be of your older post, can be in words or pictures, as long as it has the note of thankfulness and if it is an old post, just edit it to add in my badge.. Submit the post link in my blog and time to share thankfulness with others..

    Take your time.. You can join as and when.. It is up every Tuesday..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the sweetest post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have two grandchildren that have suffered health issues. One was in the Primary Children's PICU unit for 5 months in critical condition. She is doing well now but is blind and has some developmentaly problems that we hope she will overcome. It is so sad when you watch these sweet spirits suffer. We learn so much from these kinds of adversity and must trust in the Lord for his plan for us. We are so grateful to have her and she is now 9 and plays the piano beautifully by ear; she is a blessing to us all.
    Blessings to you and to your dear father also.
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My strength comes from the Lord and when I am weak He is strong. It is hard to deal with sickness, death, and loss but a childlike faith is a must in trying times

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord is my rock, my strength and the source of any courage I have to continue. The ripple of this little soul will travel far.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete