2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Right Through Me

you see right through meImage by Victori∀ via Flickr
When I am pretending.  When I am humble, or just smiling while being humiliated. When my kindness becomes just routine. When my thoughts are not what they should be. There is one person who can see right through me. 

There is one one person who knows my heart and what is in it.  When I am cruel or rude.  When I am kind and generous.  When I am breaking and when my world is crumbling. When I can hide who I really am from the world, to Him I am transparent. 

He sees me for me.  No matter how I act or what I say, He sees the truth.  There is nothing I can hide from Him, I cannot pretend.  If my heart and my actions are not pure, He knows.  So no matter what I do, He can see right through me.
1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV) 7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV, ©2011) 23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. HE knows the us that no one else knows. The one that is hateful, rude, despicable, and selfish and yet HE still loves us. Even in this love though He refuses to leaves us as we are and nudges, yanks, or drags us into a closer walk with HIM

    ReplyDelete