2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

God's Time Not Mine

Waiting....Image via Wikipedia
"The Lord may seem slow, but he is never late" I read that on a sign outside of a church one day.  It got me to thinking about impatient I am about things.  I know that God will not let me down so why can't I just be patient with him.  I know he knows what is best for me so why can't I just let him lead.

It seems that I am always trying to force God's hand.  I want something to happen now, I don't want to wait on things.   So I do things my way and usually things don't turn out the way I would like them to.  I fail to remember that God has always provided, always right in time.

When my son was starting school, we had enrolled him in a very small private school and were told last minute that the school would not be opening.  This was three weeks before school was supposed to start.  My husband and I were scrambling trying to find another school for him, even the public school didn't have a spot (because preK is optional).  Frustrated we just put it in God's hands.  We were supposed to leave to go on vacation the week before school started so we were pressed for time, but we had faith that God would lead us to the right spot.  My husband was driving by a small church that had a sign about enrollment for the school year.  He stopped to check it out.   It turned out the be the perfect little school for our son.  He was enrolled and his tuition was paid two days before we were to leave to go on vacation.  The Lord provided in the nick of time.

Our patience with God shows our dependence on Him, it shows our faith in knowing that He will provide, always.  I just wish I could remember that the next time I get impatient waiting for something to happen.  For things have to happen in God's time not mine.

Habakkuk 2:3- "But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is never late in coming, I am still learning to wait on Him for though it seems like it is taking a long time He with-holds nothing good from His children.

    ReplyDelete