2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who Would You Cling To?

A hand holding a bar.Image via Wikipedia
I heard on radio once about what would we do if all of our sins, all of our secrets were exposed for all of the world to see.  Who would we cling to? 

It went on to say that being that exposed to the world we would have no one to cling to, no one but God.

What would you do if all of your secrets were transparent?  What would you do if all of your sins were revealed?  If everyone knew everything that you had done.  What would you do?  Who would you cling to?
If the world was against you, where would you go?  If everyone turned on you, how would you cope?

Only God is there when the world walks out and God loves you no matter what.  So if your secrets and sins were all revealed to the world, God would be right there beside you. He will never turn on you, never walk away.  He will never be ashamed of you, no matter what you have done.  You can always cling to Him, no matter what.

Psalm 63:6-8 (NIV, ©2011) 6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that God has chosen to forget all the despicable things I have done and will do....HE has cast our sins into the depth of the sea.

    It would be a humiliating experience for the world to see us naked and exposed....Thank God HE has covered us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I, but at least I know that He would be there no matter what. Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cling to allot of things in life but we need to cling to God more

    ReplyDelete
  4. How grateful we can be that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us no matter what we do. That we have a Savior Jesus Christ who walks beside us through our trials. We can prayer anywhere and anytime to our Father. Christ who gave his life for our sins is ever aware and if we trust in him and repent and follow him; we will be with them again someday.
    I will ponder upon some of your thoughts.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete