2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Messy House

My husband sent me this picture at work.  I didn't want to know.  Apparently my son was cleaning his room and so his junk ended up in the living room. The house was already a mess so this was something else I didn't want to deal with.  

When I got home from work, I was just too tired to even mess with the mess.  Clothes and toys everywhere, kitchen was a disaster.  I felt defeated and overwhelmed.

As I sat in my chair looking around I realized something that I was just too busy to pay attention to. 

I thanked God for my messy house. I am grateful for the piles laundry, dirty dishes and all the toys spread about.  So many times I get so frustrated that I can't keep up.  But as I look around I just realize how blessed I am.  The clothes on our back. The food in fridge and in our bellies.  The toys that one day won't be here for me to complain about.

I praise God for my messy house.  Because through all chaos I can see the abundance of his blessings.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

No comments:

Post a Comment