2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Machine Gun Preacher- FINALLY!!!!!!


I have been waiting for over two years for this movie.  I was excited before it even started filming and now finally I got to watch it.  Anyone who lives in Louisiana knows that we don't get the good movies down here, well usually not anything in limited release anyway.  So Friday while I was shopping I bought the movie as an early birthday present to myself, and over the weekend the hubby and I watched it.

Machine Gun Preacher is based on the life of Sam Childers. If you don't know who Sam Childers is, then you have probably not been reading my blog.  So for those of you who are new, I will give you a little background.  Childers was one a self destructive drug addict, he found God or should I say God found him and helped him find  his purpose.  His purpose fighting the LRA in Sudan and rescuing children.  God definitely knew the man for this job.  He is also a pastor at The Shekinah Fellowship in Central City, PA.

With a star studded cast this movie was amazing.  Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan were  amazing. I cried and cried and cried some more.  There are some scenes that are hard to watch, so prepare yourself.  But I always believe that sometimes it has to have violence to get the point across, and this movie was no exception.  I won't tell you anymore but I will tell you that I loved it and it was worth the wait.

If you are a new christian, if you are a seasoned christian,  watch this movie.  If you are struggling with you faith, struggling with your purpose, watch this movie.  Everyone else, watch this movie.

Thank you Pastor Childers,  it is people like you who restore my faith in humanity and strengthen my faith in God.

For more information on the real machine gun preacher click the link to his website: http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

You can also follow the real machine gun preacher on facebook and twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/mgpsamchilders
http://twitter.com/#!/machgunpreacher

After you read this post and visit the websites, go out and get this movie and then watch it, you won't regret it.


2 comments:

  1. We will try to get this movie for sure. It sounds like a good one. I will check the links out. Thanks for sharing this one! I am always up for an inspirational movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Machine Gun Preacher a few days after I returned from Northern Uganda. Was that wise? My name is David Taransaud, I am an Art Therapist for children and adolescents. After having been made redundant earlier this year, I decided to use my redundancy payment to travel to Northern Uganda and set up an Art Therapy service in an orphanage for former child soldiers and young people affected by conflict and trauma.

    I came back a week ago and I am hoping to return in a few months to carry on with the work. This is quite an ambitious project that I have so far managed to finance on my own.

    I have just finished editing a short movie I made while I was there. As you’ll see, I am no Coppola or iMovie genius, but it’s real! I would be grateful if you could take the time to watch it.

    http://youtu.be/_AmdJNE2XLA

    If you think it is appropriate, I would be very grateful if you could forward the link to friends and colleagues and help me promote the awareness and the sponsorship of war orphans at the Pader Orphans Caring Project.
    One journal or facebook post can reach thousands!

    Thank you very much.

    David

    ReplyDelete