2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, July 18, 2011

One Mistake Away

MistakesImage by mr.bmonroe via Flickr
Have you felt like God must really be at the end of His rope with me?  Like if you keep messing up, eventually He will wipe His hands of you.  Like you are just one mistake away from being eternally alone. Like you don't deserve His forgiveness.

The truth is we don't.  We don't deserve Him.  We don't deserve His forgiveness over and over and over again for things that we know are wrong and still do.  We don't deserve for Him to still be there when we didn't listen and went the other way.  When we abandon Him, we don't deserve to come back. We don't deserve to be greeted with open arms. But that's just it, we don't deserve Him, but He is there anyway.

I keep wondering why God is still around.  I don't deserve Him, yet there He is.  A love that I cannot fathom, a love that I cannot understand.  He sees me, not what I have done.  He sees the real me.  The one that struggles to take a breath.  The part of me that no one sees.  The one who tries to do the right thing and yet it backfires.  The one whose words get misunderstood.  He knows what is in my heart.  He knows how much I love Him.

He overlooks my mistakes, and see straight through to my heart.  I will never be one mistake away from Him leaving me. He loves me that much. "From one scared hand to the other."

Romans 6:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This was a thought provoking post. I will ponder the thought. I know myself that our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ do love us all and they see us as we are and will always be there for us as we turn to them.
    Blessings to you!
    Living Waters by LeAnn
    http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com
    Google comments down!

    ReplyDelete