2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, September 10, 2010

What Do You Do?

JesusImage via Wikipedia
I have been contemplating where or not to even write this post. Well, here goes, I hope I don't offend anyone in anyway, I am only stating my personal opinion.

The recent controversy over the burning of the Qur'an tentatively scheduled for tomorrow, September 11, 2010 has created massive media coverage.  I usually try to stay clear of controversy, but religion itself is controversial.  Everyone has something to say on this issue, everyone has taken a side.

So where do I stand?  I can understand why someone would want to do this. This is a free country, we are blessed with the freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the very freedom that will allow this burning to take place, if it in fact does. HOWEVER,  I personally and from a "Christian" standpoint cannot condone it.

The question on many lips is what would Jesus do?  So that is my question to you. The fact that the ringleader in this is a Pastor, I have to ask this question.  When you are representing a "Christian" faith, you have to ask yourself this question.

We cannot blame all for the actions of some.  We cannot condemn an entire religion because there are some extremist.

When Jesus spoke to the women at the well, He didn't condemn her or attack her.  Jesus did everything out of love.  He loves us all, no matter what we believe. He remained humble through his very crucifixion and even prayed for those who killed him.  So what would Jesus do in the situation at hand?  I think we all know the answer to this question.

The enemy is close (and by that I mean satan) and will do absolutely anything to create dysfunction and separation to this world and especially to God's people. Besides the danger that this action will put on Americans as well as other "Christians" abroad, which is the most important issue.  By this action many may be tuned away from God and others may never come to know Him. Who wants to serve a God of intolerance?  What are "Christians" who are supposed to be "Christ like" displaying by this action?  We are supposed to turn the other cheek, we are not supposed to judge.  We are supposed to pray and put it in God's hands, not take it into our own.  Not act out of anger.

With that being said, this is only my opinion, this is only what I feel about the issue.  All I can do is pray that God will place a burden on their hearts to do the right thing, whatever that may be.

Love them like Jesus, carry them to HIM!!!!

1 John 4:7-21 (NIV) Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son[a] into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for[b] our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.13We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 17In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I love the part where you mentioned Don't act out of anger.. How true that it.. In fact, don't act on any feelings unless it is LOVE because that is when your heart will be immersed in PEACE and the deeds you did will not return to hunt or bring forth any other negative feelings or impact in your life.. :) *Hug*

    ReplyDelete