2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?

The HurtingImage via Wikipedia
I read one of the saddest blogs the other day.  It brought tears to my eyes and broke my heart.  It was about a man who lost his wife hours after she gave birth to their first child.  Suddenly this picture perfect life that they had both dreamed of was shattered in to a million pieces.

I asked myself the question.  Why do bad things happen to good people? 

I don't know these people personally I just read the story.  But what I do know is that this baby will never know her mom and this dad will go it alone.

There are a lot of things that I cannot explain, that I do not understand. The widow who just lost her husband. The widower who just lost his wife. The child that just lost her mother or father. The dreaded diagnosis of a horrible fatal disease. All of these precious children with cancer and other dreaded diseases.  The list goes on and on. They don't deserve it. Why do bad things happen to good people?

I don't have the answer to this question.  I don't know why God allows somethings to happen.  But I do know that somewhere somehow there will be a blessing.  Hard as it may be to believe, we just have to have faith. Like Job, we have to praise God through the storm.  We have to love Him regardless, because it is only through Him that all blessings flow.  God's love for us is unimaginable and nothing that happens to us is in vain.

This world is full of the unfair. Right now we have no explanation to why this is. One day we will understand and we will get our answer. There is always a reason, and one day all will be revealed.

Job 1:21 (KJV) 21And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Matthew 5:45 (NIV) 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. hello....that is some sad story you had there. This is what life supposed to be like there are always obstacle that god wanted to show us to see our strength towards GOD. Life is unfair but know this 'GOD is fair. and every incident have its fair result. Keep praying to GOD.

    visit me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God always has a plan, He always has. Thanks for ready, will visit.

    ReplyDelete