2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Falling Short

St. Augustine, Florida: Mission Nombre de Dios...Image via Wikipedia
I am an impostor, a hypocrite, a liar and a sinner.  I am a walking disaster.  It seems that no matter how hard I try I always fall short.  I can't seem to get it together.   I can't seem to stop being a sinner.  Whats the point? Why does it seem that the world is so easy?  Why does it seem that serving God is so hard?

Lord, why are You still here?  Why do You want me?  If my sins were broadcast for all to see, would You still stand by me?  Why am I so important to You?

At my lowest I am befuddled with these questions.  Sometimes I wonder, where do I fit in?  Where do I belong?  That is when I can fell God telling me, " You belong with Me!!"  He doesn't care where I have been or what I have done, I belong with Him.  I know that it seems that I post the same thing over and over, but I need this more than anyone reading it. 

I know that if it were just me, Jesus still would have come and died on that cross, just for me.  When I feel the furthest away from Him, that is when He is the closest to me. I am so not worthy!! 

I try to remind myself that I must be doing something right if Satan is trying so hard to drive a wedge between me and God.  Making me feel  like I can never be forgiven, making me feel like I am forgotten.  But God makes sure I know that He loves me, He gives me an overwhelming peace after the storm.

I fall short daily.  I don't deserve Him.  Yet He still loves me.  His love for me in unfathomable. We all fall short, but we all still belong with Him.

"I Need You To Love Me" (Barlow Girl)
Why, why are You still here with me
Didn't You see what I've done?
In my shame I want to run and hide myself
But it's here I see the truth
I don't deserve You


Romans 3:23 (NIV) 3for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Ephesians 2:8 (NIV) 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—






Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: