2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Plan of The Lamb

the lamb of godImage by Andrew.Beebe via Flickr
I included a lot of scripture in my post today, but  it is such an amazing scripture in Revelation that I had to include it all. Every time I read it I get chills and it brings tears to my eyes.

When God created man, He knew man would fall.  Before he created this world or anything in it, He knew what would come.   But He had a plan, a plan so great that it would save the world in which he was about to create, should it fall.

Things were set in motion long before it all began.  He loved us before we were ever made.  He loved us with a love so strong that absolutely nothing could come between us.  A love that knows no boundaries, no end.  A love so strong, so absolute that he would spare nothing to save us.

What Jesus did and what He went through to save this world is unfathomable, unimaginable.  He said Himself that all He had to do was call to his Father to save Him.  But He didn't.  There was a plan put in place, a place that He and His Father carefully and strategically planned.  A plan to save the world.  A plan to save man.  He never looked back, He never said "never mind."  He was going to do it no matter what.

He took the sins of the entire world upon his shoulders and He suffered the worst possible death.  He would have done it for just one.  He purchased me with His blood.  One drop of his blood saved me and gave me eternal life.

What a love!!!   A love that God, God, infinite, everlasting, everywhere, all knowing, God would love us soooo much that He would give His only, His only begotten son to save us, to save me!!

He knew, He knew, He knew but He made us anyway and He sacrificed everything for us!! There is nothing that you have done or could ever do that could escape His love, remember that then next time you fall.

He is worthy of honor and praise!!!  He is worthy of all of our love, because He first loved us!! The plan of the Lamb!!

Revelation 5:1-14 (NIV)
The Scroll and the Lamb
1Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. 2And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, "Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?" 3But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. 4I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. 5Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals."
6Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits[a] of God sent out into all the earth. 7He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. 8And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation. 10You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
13Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" 14The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.

So what is in this scroll? My guess would be the plan of salvation, which is why Jesus was the only one worthy to open it, because He completed it.

Comments are more than welcome.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment