2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Exhausted!!!

Hiding under the coversImage by Chirag D. Shah via Flickr
I hate those days where I am so physically exhausted that I can barely function.  Those days where I can barely stand. Today was one of those days.  Its not everyday, although here lately it seems to be, where I am so tired that I just can't seem to move.  I wake up tired, eyes watering, my body aches, I just want to stay in bed. That last thing I want is another challenge from the world outside.  If it were up to me I would just hide under the covers and wish the world away.  When I'm just exhausted, not only physically, but mentally, spiritually, emotionally.

No matter how exhausted I am I don't have the choice to stay in bed, I don't get to hide from the world. I have to get up, there is always much to be done.  I just pray that God give me the strength to get through the day.  I pray for the patience to deal with daily trials ahead. I pray that he gives me the ability to handle any challenge that comes my way.

These are the days where I feel like I am going through the motions.  The only reason that I can function is because the tasks have been embedded in my brain, so it more like repetition then it is thinking.  I get home and there is no rest it is back to work again.  Dinner then homework then cleaning up.  When can I finally get some rest? Will I ever have time for just me?

I feel so lost.  Where am I?  What is going on?  Where are you Lord? I can barely stand.  My body is weak, my mind is numb, my soul is weary.  My heart hurts and my spirit is broken.  Please, get me through this!!

I made it through another exhausting day. As always, the Lord always provides.  He gives me exactly what I need when I need it.   Sometimes it feels like He is literally holding me up, helping me get through my tasks. When my work is done, I don't even remember how I did it. He renews my spirit and my soul and gets me ready for another day. I don't know what I would do without Him, for He is my strength. His love always amazes me!!

Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew [7] their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Yes, he is.. Just like me at times, I think most of the time, I am feeling exhausted and so many people are asking me this question, 'How then did you get by if you are as exhausted as you appeared? How could you do what needs to be done?' So even doubted about those moments when I feel like I am breaking apart but my replies had always been the same.. 'It is God.. It is God's work.. Not me, I am just nothing without Him.. ' :) *Hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am exhausted the best thing for me to do is take time to refresh and it normally takes me about several days to do this. I come from the computer I don't make big decisions I have to refresh by mind and body. Because being exhausted can put allot of stress on a person and if you don't find time to get rid of it you aren't going to be to much productive for yourself or others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. I deal with chronic fatigue often

    ReplyDelete