2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Chasing Dreams

Chasing dreamsImage by *kj via Flickr
I have lots of dreams.  Dreams of who I want to be, what I want to be, what I want to do with my life.  Dreams of having more, more money, more things.  Dreams of having a better life, better then the life I have now.
It's not often that I get to hear the sermon at church.  Usually I am either in the kitchen getting the food ready for fellowship dinner or chasing my 2 year old around.  So most of the time I just hear parts of the message.  Sometimes, I think God purposely has me hear certain parts. He calls my attention just at the right time.

It was a couple of months ago that I caught a part of a sermon about dreams.  We all have dreams.  We all have hopes.  But sometimes we get so caught up on the world and what other people do, that our dreams and our hopes become tainted and twisted.  We start wanting things that aren't good for us, and dreaming of things that can destroy us.  Our dreams become nothing more then our own selfish desires. Then we spend most of our time and energy chasing these dreams and getting nowhere.

The sermon went on to talk about God's dreams for us.  It was then that I realized my own selfish dreams. God always gives me what I need when I need it.  I said a little prayer and I asked God to reveal His dream for my life to me so that it may become my dream for my life.  I don't want to go where He is not and I certainly don't want a dream without Him in it.  I want His dream for me to my dream for me, because I want to trust Him with everything. I want to trust Him with every aspect of my life.

God has big dreams for us, more than anything we could ever imagine.  But we have to surrender ourselves to His will.  We may not understand and the road may not be clear at first, but eventually we will see what His dream is for our life.  His dreams for us are extraordinary, He will not let us down.

So what is God's dream for your life?  Are you willing to find out?

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV) 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Very well said! It is so important that we realize that God's dreams are the ones that we want to be chasing for He is the one that knows what is best for us. I am really enjoying reading your posts. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading!!! I really try to remember daily that God has bigger plans for me, it keeps me going. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete