2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Faith of a Child


Anyone who knows my now 12 year old son, knows that he isn't the most optimistic person. In fact he usually is pretty negative about most things and complains a lot. Typical soon to be teenager. But he said something to me the other day that not only changed my mind on how he thinks about things, it also strengthen my faith.

A few weeks ago, my son was riding with me to lunch when we were rear ended at a stop sign. It was an extremely minor accident. We were at a stop and the other driver was watching the traffic and thought I had already pull onto the main road when he proceeded forward. There was minimal damage, just a plastic bumper moved out of place (my husband bumped it back with no problem), and maybe a scratch. There was no hard jolt and no injuries. Once I was sure that my son and I were alright, I spoke to the other driver  and agreed that filing an accident report would be too time consuming. I got all of his information just in case and we left. He and his wife were extremely nice and he seemed a bit embarrassed by the whole thing, taking full responsiblity.

As we proceeded to our destination my son said to me, "Mom, maybe that happened because God saw something worse up ahead and needed us to wait".  I was taken back with his statement, he doesn't usually see the bright side of things.  This was a moment, a moment when I realized that he was paying attention, a moment that I realized just how strong the faith of a child can be.

Jesus said that in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven we need to become like little children.  We need to have their faith.  We need to have that total dependence on God and His will.  We need to know that God is with us and will protect us always.

This moment made me proud, it made me feel that with all that I do wrong, that I  am actually doing something right.

Not only did God use my son to help strengthen my walk in faith, He used my son that through his eyes I could see.


Matthew 18:2-6(NKJV)

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment