2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

God The Provider

A few weeks ago we again went to family.  This year I was a little leery about going.  I really wanted to go, actually I really needed the break from everything that was going on around me.  Here lately I haven't been feeling 100%.  I think I am just exhausted mentally, physically and spiritually.

For the past few months I have been trying my best to avoid gluten.  I am pretty sure that I have a sensitivity to it.  The problem is at camp the majority of the meals that they make there contain gluten.  Knowing how much I needed this break, I started preparing quick meals to take along.  I knew that there was a store not to far away from where we would be staying in case I needed to restock.  I just thought it was best to plan ahead.

When we arrived at evening worship I realized that one of my favorite speakers, my brother from another mother was our  camp Pastor for the week.  One of his topics for the week was God the Provider.  I was amazed at how each and every message he spoke was exactly what I needed to hear.

Our first morning at camp, I brought along with me my gluten-free breakfast items to the cafeteria.  One meal down and everything went smoothly.  I went back to the cabin the get ready for the day of activities.  My husband came in a little later, and that is when I realized just what kind of week God had in store for me.

It just so happened that one of the staff at camp also was on a gluten restricted diet.  The kitchen would make her a "special" gluten free version of whatever they were making.  Now that they knew that I also was on the same diet they would make sure the make enough for me too.

Needless to say, I spent the entire week  being spiritually, mentally and physically fed.  We only had to go to town once to fill the car up with gas.  I was amazed at how God had provided, and I didn't even ask.

Sometimes we make the mistake of minimizing the power of God.  God knows what we need before we know what we need.  And he always provides  even when we don't ask.

I had an amazing week at camp, in fact I didn't want to leave.  It was so beautiful, the weather was perfect and the one on one time with my family was priceless.  God knew how badly  I needed this break and He made sure it was perfect.

I love these moments when I don't even realize that I am walking by faith, because it is these times that I can actually see.


31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment