2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A God Who Has All Things

All things must pass.Image by Navy Blue Stripes via Flickr I had heard the song a thousand times.  I even knew the words by heart.  But in a moment, hearing a song I had heard so many times before, one line got to me, like I had never heard it before.

I was on my way to pick up my oldest from school the other day.  Thinking about everything going on. Questioning why God would want anything to do with me.  "I Need You To Love Me"  by Barlow Girl was playing on the radio.  I was singing along  and the line said "Cause You're a God who has all things, and still You want me."  I have heard this song a thousand and never realized that line.

It gave me goose bumps, it really made me think.  It was so true. It brought tears to my eyes. Here He is a God who has all things, anything, everything.  A God who is lacking nothing and can make anything out of nothing.  A God who lives in Heaven, in perfectness.  And still He wants me.  Why??   He could have done away with me and this old world a long time ago.  But He didn't.  His love is unfathomable, His love is unimaginable.  For a God who has everything He could possibly want,  He still wants me.  What kind of love is this??

1 John 4:9-10 (NIV)9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This was a lovely thoughtful post. I love that idea that he does love each of us. I am so grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and you and a Savior who gave his all for us that we might return to them.
    Blessings to you for a very sweet post!

    ReplyDelete