2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Only Looking to You

Last week the family and I went to Arkansas to a family camp.  My only drawback, no Internet.   No cell phone service either, really out of my comfort zone, being cut off from the world. I literally had to walk out to the edge of a pier to get a signal on my phone. I will admit by the middle of the week,  I didn't care too much about it. 

It's been a long time since we spent family time like that.  We did a lot, horseback riding, rockwall climbing, ziplining, swimming, tubing, canoeing, kayaking.  Best of all worship.  My little one loves to sing worship songs, and the best part about camp is that they have the motions to go with the songs.  Every morning and evening they had worship.  It reminded me when I was little. Our weekly theme song was the best, written by one of the staff. 

It is amazing what God can do when we give Him our undivided attention.  It was truly an experience to remember, to be cut off from the world and have our family time with God.  By the end of the week,  I didn't want to leave.  There was just a peacefulness about this place,  God's presence in the middle of nowhere.

A few lyrics from our theme song, not sure of the title-

"I'm only looking to You,  You changed me and turned me around, cause You're the only place the lost get found"

No comments:

Post a Comment