2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Casting Burdens

My oldest has been dealing with anxiety lately.  Like mother like son.  He seems to be really fearful of things that he just shouldn't even be worrying about. He worries about the weather, whether a movie will give him bad dreams, and so many other crazy things. He will have a little anxiety attack and tell me his chest hurts and when he breathes it feels like he is not breathing.  I know all to well how that feels.  All I want to do is take it away.  I even pray that God will give me my sons anxiety so that he doesn't have to deal with it, he is just too little to have these kind of problems.  It breaks my heart to see him go through this.  I wish he could cast his burdens on me to carry for him.

Just like how I wish I could carry my sons burdens,  Jesus wants to carry ours, all of ours.  The only difference is that He actually has the power to do it.  If we let Him,  if we ask,  He will take our burdens and carry them for us.  He hates to see us torture ourselves with worry and anxiety.  It breaks His heart to see us suffer. All He wants is for us to ask Him for help.  He can't take them if we don't let Him.  But all we have to do is ask.

It's been a real challenge dealing with an eight year old with anxiety. Even harder that I deal with it so often myself.  I learned that there are a lot of kids out there with the same  problems.  But if we teach them young where to turn in their time of despair maybe it will better prepare them for when they are older.  So they don't turn out like me.  I tell my son that when he feels them coming on, to pray, to take deep breaths and eventually they will subside.  I must say the past week I haven't heard him talk about them as much.

But the best way it to lead by example, so God, take my burdens, I can no longer carry them they are way to heavy and please take my sons too.

Psalm 55:22(NIV) 22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.



No comments:

Post a Comment