2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Lost Sheep

Good shepherdImage via Wikipedia
No one is expendable to God. Not one is worth losing. You are not lost in a sea of faces, for He knows you and He sees you, where you stand and where you fall. He wants each and everyone of us and to prove it He sacrificed the most important thing to Him, His only begotten Son.


Don't for even one second think that you do not matter.  Don't think that for one second that if you lose your way that He will not move heaven and earth to find you and bring you back to his flock.  He sees you through a universe, through galaxies,  He can see you.


When is seems like one has lost their way, what do you do?  Do you pretend like then never existed?  Talk bad about them, about how they walked away? Or do you do whatever it takes to bring them home. 


Sometimes we get caught up in our cliques,  we don't even notice when some have disappeared.  We make excuses, and we cast blame. 


But God doesn't do that.  No matter what the reason for their leaving may be,  God will seek us out.  He can't stand the thought of losing one of us.  He will carry us on His shoulders home.


As the parable of the lost sheep explains.  He will leave the rest to find the one who is lost and so should we.  We can't leave one stone unturned.  Want to show them a reflection of God,  don't let them leave without fighting for them to stay.  And if they leave go out and find them.

Luke 15:3-7

New International Version (NIV)
 3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I know that the Savior walks with us and he will reach out and find the one and bring them back into the fold. Enjoyed your post today; blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete