2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

When The Road Is Way Too Long

Road in Death ValleyImage via Wikipedia
The other night on my way home from New Orleans I was tired, I was drained from a full day.  Impatiently ready get home and get to bed, I dreaded the trip home.  For what seemed to be the longest road ever. 

To make matters worse, right before I reached Baton Rouge, I came to a complete stop in traffic, in the middle of the interstate.  I was stopped for what seemed to be an eternity.  As I looked ahead at the what seemed to be an endless line of brake lights, I could feel the panic rising. I was just so tired and ready to get home, why was this happening at 11:00 at night. 

I started to calm down after telling myself that eventually traffic had to start moving.  I kept reassuring myself that I would not be stuck there forever. It wasn't long after that it finally started  moving.  I got home safe and sound,  exhausted but happy that I had gotten to the end of that road.

Sometimes the distance from point A to point B can seem endless.  Especially in our spiritual journey. Sometimes there is no end in sight, no relief.  When will things get better?  Will it ever end?  Why is it always me? We are completely exhausted, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically.  We just can't see where this long and winding road is leading us, and we keep wondering how much more we will have to endure.

But, just like what seemed like my endless trip home, our trials in life will have an ending too.  Many more may come our way, but we have to have faith that eventually we will get to the end of it.  And always know that we will be stronger because of it.  These roads in life shape us, mold us into the person God created us to be.

So next time you fell like the road is way too long, remember the One who will see you home.

1 Peter 4:12-13 (NIV) 12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Psalm 34:19-20 (21st Century KJV) 9Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. 20He keepeth all his bones; not one of them is broken.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment