2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Its The End Of The World!!! Or Is It???

Ida nov 9 2009Image via Wikipedia
There seems to be a lot of talk of the end of the world being today, May 21, 2011 at 6:00 pm.  (not sure if that is central standard time)  I don't really like to post about controversial subject matter but this one is more than that.  I believe that people can believe what they want to believe.  In this case, I think they believe this will all of their heart.  I believe that they are are sincere and that there is no malice or attempts to deceive, on the part of the people who believe this.

Do I believe that today is the end of the world?  I believe what the scriptures say, and the scripture that says it  best is Matthew 24:36, 42-44-  36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."


So according to this scripture nobody knows, not even Jesus, only the Father.  So could it be today, it could be, but I doubt it.  But that is not to say that we should not prepare for God's coming.  We should live everyday as it is our last, because we don't know when that will be.  I don't think that we should go out and sell all of our possessions.  I'm saying being kinder, loving our neighbor, doing the things that matter the most, making sure that we have that relationship with God.

My question to you is- If God were to come today, would you be ready?  I have to ask myself the same question.  I myself need to reflect on this and make sure that if He were to come that I would be going home with Him. 

So if today is not the end,  make it the beginning of you journey to God.  So when He does come, He will be coming for you.

Can you just imagine Jesus face when His Father turns to Him and says -
"Son, it is time!!, sound the trumpets, bring them home". 

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. A great post today; I enjoyed reading it. I do think we are seeing the signs of the times in the scriptures; that is coming is near. I believe like you that we just need to stay prepared.
    I love the Savior and because of all the wickedness that surrounds us I look forward to the day; if in my lifetime.
    Blessings to you for our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete