2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Still A Dreamer

B l i n kImage via Wikipedia
Things rarely fall into place for me.    I can't even remember the last time things actually went smoothly for anything.  I try to keep cool and collected, but inside I am literally losing my mind.  For once I just want to come out on top, I just want things to work out. 

I am the one who is walked over, sometimes even trampled on.  I am the one that gets taken advantage of, pushed aside, used and sometimes abused.  I am the one who is expendable and who rarely matters.  Whose feelings aren't very important, and who is usually left out because she doesn't really matter anyway.

I have lost my faith in so many things, yet there is this overwhelming hope inside of me that God has something big for me.  That all of this will be worth it one day.  That all of this is to just build my character and mold me into the person that I am intended to be.  The person that God created me to be.  Hoping against all hope that this only temporary, even though it seems like forever.  My soul is weary, my patience thin, my heart bruised and battered.  But I am still a dreamer.  I still believe in the God of the impossible, that God that can move mountains.  A God who has an ultimate plan for me.  A God who can make all of my dreams come true.

Psalm 31:24 (NIV, ©2011) 24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Lamentations 3:24 (New Living Translation) 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I can assure you that God has a plan for you and that He loves you as his daughter.
    Continue to trust in him and he will open up the way for you to feel his love more.
    I love the scripture Proverbs 3:5-6; it has helped me through many struggles during my own live. I have made posts on many of those.
    Just know that you are loved.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete