2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

110%

24/7 Snapshots - I Give my AllImage by infiniteshutter via Flickr
I am the type of person that always tries to give 110%.  With work, with helping others.  The effort is always there even through sometimes I get exhausted along the way.   It was the way I was raised, to go above and beyond.  To help others, to figure things out.  Even when its not my "job" to do.  I don't like to let problems sit, I like resolutions.  So sometimes, a lot of times, I step out of my box and even sometimes my comfort zone to get things done.

So it got me to thinking.  With all the day to day duties, with all the additional burdens I cast on myself.  Do I give God 110%?  Sadly, the answer is no.  I am so busy with everything else that comes up and comes my way that I doubt if I give him 10?   That's the problem, sometimes, most time I am just too busy. 

We should never be too busy for God.  We should always give Him our all.  We will never be able to repay Him for what He did for us.   So, why is it so easy to give to everything and everyone else?  Why is it so easy to put God aside?

God deserves our very best.  I would be a hypocrite to say that I don't fall short in that department.  But I know that He places these burdens on my heart for a reason. The only way to learn is to fall. Our relationship with God has to be greater than any other relationship that we have.  We can't just say we love Him, we have to show it.  We have to give Him 110%.  I am guilty of neglecting God.  Are you?

Matthew 22:36-37 (NIV, ©2011)  36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment