2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Throw Me Back Again

A battery of 1,000 and 2,000 pound furnaces ro...Image by The Library of Congress via Flickr
Today was another throw me back into the fire days.  I have the feeling that I will be posting about these days often. Why is that?  Because I have attitiude, I want things my way,  I want the last word, I don't want people to think they can walk all over me.  I certainly don't want people thinking they are better then me.

I make comments under my breath, fake a smile and pretend everything is fine.  I bite my tougue. It's better that way.  But if I just pretend and still think the same way, is it really helping me? Is it really changing my charater?
Lord, will you ever see Your reflection in me?

I don't want the little things to bother me.  I don't want stupid things to bother me.  Most of the time they don't, but sometimes on a bad day they do, they really do.

How do you change your way of thinking?  How do you focus on things above when all you see is here?  How do you truly become a reflection of God?

My answer is simple, the task, not so much. The answer is to pray about it.  You get on your knees and pray.  You put your faith and your trust in God.  You have to want to change not because it is the right thing to do, but because you truly want to be that better person, that reflection of God.  It is really hard to surrender yourself, believe me it is one of the hardest things that I have had to do. (yes I am that bad, was that is).  It is a daily task, but I want to be that reflection, I want to be thrown back into the fire again and again till I am pure silver.

Philippians 2:3-11 (NIV, ©2010) 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment