2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

This Much

When my son was younger we used to the play the "I love you this much" game.  While I would tell him that I loved him to the moon and back a million times he would use his arms.  When asked how much he loved his grammy, papa, daddy, nanny and babu, he would stretch his arms out as wide as he possibly could saying "this much".  When I asked how much he loved his mommy, he would lift up his pinkie finger half way with a huge grin across his face and  said "this much".  I would be over dramatic (joking of course) acting like it was so little, like I was devasted,  but the grin on his face said more than his little pinkie finger.  He knew, that I knew that he loved me much more than that.  And it didn't matter what he said or did, because I knew better.

How many of us really know how much God loves us?  When the bad things keep staking up and despair consumes us.  Do we really know how much God loves us?  When all we see is half of a pinkie finger, do we really think that that is all there is?  We should know better, we should know how much God loves us.  Just like my son knew that no matter what he said or did that I knew better.  We should know that no matter what happens in our lives that God loves us so much more than that. Through heartaches and heartbreaks, in the depths of despair,  through the worst of time and in the best God is always there.

How much does God love us??  So much that He gave us His ONLY begotten SON !!!!

So that no matter what you see, no matter what happens in your life, you will know better.

Romans 8:37-39 (NIV, ©2010)  37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Really great post for when your going through the dark times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for reminding me just how much God loves us. I never get tired of hearing that, even though all I need to do is read his word.

    Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete