2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Raging Sea

Alone Above a Raging SeaImage by justingaynor via Flickr
"LET THE WATERS RISE" by Mikeschair
There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You

Sometimes the problems in our life feel like a raging sea ready to pull us in.  There is nothing we can do to stop it, it wants to bring us down, begging for mercy, gasping for air.  Where do we go?  How do we get out of this? Sometimes we are so consumed all we can see is that rogue wave about to come crashing down on us.  Will we drown?  Sure feels like it.

But you can survive, there is hope, because God has promised to see us through the storm. He has promised not to leave our side and He will not abandon us if we only follow Him.

There is always going to be a raging sea in front of us.  there will always be an obstacle, a burden.  There will always be something in the way to build our character.  But only God, can calm those seas.  Only God can give us strength to endure. He will not allow us to drown.

I will follow God to the depths of the sea, wherever He wants me to be.  Anywhere He lead me.  Let those waters rise, I am ready.  I am following Him, and He has the power to calm those raging seas.  He will not leave me.

Psalm 46:1-3 (NIV, ©2010)1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment