2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our Share

Everyone has his burden.Image by Spiritless Visionary via Flickr
We have all had our share of the bad things.  Some even more than their share.  Share of misery, pain, neglect.  Burdens more than anyone should have to bear.  Sometimes it feels like it will never end, like the sun will never shine again.  Sometimes our pain just feels endless.  Bad things just keep happening and happening over and over with no relief in sight. How much can one person bear?

I once heard a sermon from a very wise but young pastor that spoke about just how much one person can bear.  He went on to say that  we all have a threshold of how much we can bear.  Some more than others.  We are each made uniquely some stronger in some areas, others stronger in other areas.  But all have our  limit in which we can't take anymore.

He then spoke about one Person who bore the sins of the world.  On top of that He bore all of our pain, sadness, sorrow, grief.  He bore our limit and more.  He carried it all.  He took each and every one of our limits and bore them all.  On His shoulders, on His nail pierced hands, He carried it all.

How much can one Person bear?  Jesus bore it all.

There is nothing that He hasn't been through, nothing that He can't see you through.  For His strength is ours to have and our burdens are His to bear.

We each have had our share, but just remember that Jesus had way more than His. He has surpassed your limit and then some. Our faith and our hope endures!!

Isaiah 46:4 (NIV, ©2010) 4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete