2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Just One

Lost SoulImage by Hayley_Bouchard via Flickr
Just one doesn't seem like a lot, but it is a lot when it comes to God.  He would have come for just one, He would have died for just one.

We are so obsessed with numbers, that more is better.  Even as Christians we are consumed with how many.  But if we live our life right, if we follow God.  If only one person is changed by our actions, then it is more than enough.

Jesus was just one, Moses was just one, Noah was just one.  They were each just one, whose impact are still talked about today.   For you are just one, but God has big plans for you.  To God just one means the world to Him.

If just one person walks through the door of your church you should rejoice as if it were a thousand.  For just one can change the world. Don't be consumed with the ones who didn't come around, rejoice in the one who did.

Never underestimate the impact of just one.

Luke 15:3-10 (NIV, ©2010)

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

The Parable of the Lost Coin
8 “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins[a] and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment