2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Selfish Wants

Walk of FameImage via Wikipedia
Do you ever wonder why doesn't God just give you what you want?  I do what I am supposed to do, why can't I just get what I want out of life?  Every body else does, why can't I?  Why does God allow me to suffer and others succeed? Why can't I have fame and fortune?  Well at least fortune, wouldn't really want fame. Why won't God help me, He seems to help everyone else?

It happens to the best of us.  We start to obsess over our own selfish wants and desires.  We think we know what is best for us  and we think that we can handle it.  But what if we can't? What if there is a reason why God doesn't give us exactly what we want? Maybe what we want isn't good for us. Maybe we have what we want and just can't see it. The problem is we can't see beyond our own selfish views to see the bigger picture.

God wants what is best for us, always, and once we choose to follow Him and surrender ourselves to Him, He will give us the wants and desires of our hearts.  We just have to trust that.  We have to put our faith in Him and only Him, and through Him all of our dreams can come true.

Sometimes we can get so caught up in worldly things that we lose sight of what matters most.  We get consumed with what others have that we don't and neglect the most important things in our lives.

Psalm 37:5-7 (NIV, ©2011) 5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. 7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment