2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Caught Up In The Moment

In the end, only kindness mattersImage by SweetOnVeg via Flickr
It is so easy to get caught up in the moment.  You know when something happens and you speak before you think.  You say something unkind under your breath, but loud enough for someone to hear.  Sometimes we get in our own way and we say something that we can't take back.  We do something that we can't undo.

It is not always easy to be kind.  Sometimes it is just plain difficult.  It is not always easy to grin and bear it.  For me that is the biggest challenge of them all.  I don't want someone thinking that they got the best of me or that they are superior to me. I get in my own way and I lose sight of my path.  I am one of the most stubborn people I know with the exception of my mom (sorry mom).  I hate to apologize and I don't like giving someone the upper hand.  I am strong willed and unwilling to back down.

But God has a way of changing people.  I know this first hand because He changed me.  Although I still have moments of weakness, for the most part I am much better then I used to be.  It is not to say that I still don't feel like saying or doing something in certain situations, just now I take a step back before I dig to deep of a hole. I am still a work in progress, but the point is there is progress. And sometimes, even I get caught in the moment where a certain situation gets the best of me.

It is a surrender of self and it is one of the hardest things that you will ever do.  Surrendering your will for God's.  Showing kindness to those who you think don't deserve it.  It is not to be inferior or humiliated,  it is to show the love of the Father who loves you.  So hopefully next time I get caught in the moment, I will make a better choice. 

Ephesians 4:32 (NIV, ©2010) 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. great post I know I asked the question to myself at the end of the day what really matters? It does keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete