2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, December 3, 2010

When One Door Closes

The DoorImage by brad montgomery via Flickr
Today was my last appointment with my internal medicine doctor,  he is retiring.  I have been going to him for about 5 years.  He is the best doctor that I have ever gone to.  He not only practices conventional medicine, he also practices alternative medicine.  When I first started going to him I was overweight, tired, depressed.  I remember my first appointment he went over my whole life history, that is what made me like him so much.    He wanted to get to the root of my problem not just treat my symptoms.  He got me on the right supplements, the right diet and I got to be a better me.  Through the years I go back and forth, because problems come up and I need to get back on track.

I thought that I was ok with everything until his nurse gave me a big hug as I was leaving.  I got choked up and came to the realization that this door was closing.  Not just for me but for them as well.  Not only did this doctor treat me physically but spiritually as well.  Not only was he a doctor but an ordained minister.  He is the only doctor that I have ever gone to that would pray with you.  At 75 years old he is an amazing man and has led an amazing life and maintained a wonderful practice with wonderful people.  I had to quickly leave before the waterworks would start.  I am usually not that emotional.

I only hope that I can find a doctor as good to pick up where he left off.    I hope that his staff find jobs just as good.  I hope that he finally gets to relax, because God knows how much he deserves it.

It is hard when a chapter in your life seems to be over.  It is really hard when you don't know what is going to happen or what you are going to do about a situation.  But always remember, God doesn't close one door without opening another.  We just have to look for that open door.

Revelation 3:8 (KJV) 8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I am a very firm believer that when one door closes God has a reason..I've never seen Him close one door without opening another door.

    ReplyDelete