2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Trapped

017 - For the Love of GodImage by Brandon Heyer via Flickr
We can often times feel trapped when we have sinned.  We can often feel like we are stuck behind a brick wall and have no way of getting out.  We become lost and confused, and we often wonder how in the world we got there in the first place.

Sin has its way of magnifying.  It usually starts out as something small, something that we don't think is a big deal.  The next thing we know, it has taken on a life of its own.  It becomes more deviant and vial.  It becomes easier and justifiable.  We become consumed, we become trapped and can no longer see the Son.

We are not stronger enough to break away from sin by ourselves.  We think we are, we do good and then we fall back into the same routine, only to find ourselves right back where we started from.  Sin is a disease and only God can cure it, we just have to let Him.

You never have to feel trapped by sin.  You will have to fight to break through, but God will be right there beside you moving the bricks so you can get to the other side.

Psalm 142:5-7 (ESV) 5I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." 6 Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low! Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me! 7 Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name! The righteous will surround me, for you will deal bountifully with me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment