2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Things I Take for Granted....

We Take So Many Things For GrantedImage by Artotem via Flickr
the roof over my head
the clothes on my back
the clothes in my closet
the shoes on my feet
the food in my kitchen
the money in my pocket
my parents
my husband
my kids
my friends
my car
my house
my Christmas tree
my job
my health
my freedom
hot water
soap
toilet paper

The list could go on and on. Today I learned about a little girl who had not much more then the clothes on her back.  It really got me to thinking about all the things that I take for granted.  It breaks my heart when this reality becomes all too clear.  We all (especially me) need to cherish all the things we have, because all the things we take for granted are all gifts from God.

John 3:27 27John answered,"A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven.


1 Corinthians 4:7 7For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment