2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Selfish

The world revolves around me!Image by यश via Flickr
I find myself being really selfish lately.  I find myself acting like my problems are so much worse then anyone elses.  I have the "poor me"  attitude.  The oh, my life is so hard attitude.  The I am too tired because I have so much to do attitude.  The be glad you don't have my life attitude.  Here lately, it is like I am acting like the world revolves around me, or at least is should.  I have been acting so selfish and self centered, refusing to see the depths of other peoples problems and only focusing on my own.

We would all like to believe that the world revolves around us. That our problems are bigger than anyone elses, and that no one understands what we are going through. We would all like to believe that we have it harder than anyone else, that we are more exhausted and more time restraint. But the truth is we all have problems we all have issues. We all deal with them in different ways. To us our problems may seem like the end of the world, to someone else the may seem a piece a cake.  We also need to realize that no matter how big our problem is,  there is always someone out there who has it worse then us.

We should never minimize someone elses problems just because we think ours are greater.  But we should tell them about the ultimate problem solver.  Better yet we need to show the world what we do when our problems get to big.  Being selfish and self centered and focusing on me, me, me, will get us nowhere.  We don't want to go down that road.  We need to give all our problems to God, focus on his plans and look to His future for us. 

Psalm 127:1 (NIV, ©2010) 1 Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.

John 16:33 (NIV, ©2010) 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment