2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Free Ride

Free Ride :)Image by Rajesh Vijayarajan Photography via Flickr
So often we see people getting what we consider a "free ride".  Maybe its a promotion that they didn't deserve (or at least we don't think they deserve.)  Maybe a vehicle or house that they can only afford because they take advantage of the system (or we believe that they are taking advantage of the system.)  Maybe even a windfall of some sort, an inheritance or something.  Regardless of what the situation may be, we consider it a "free ride."  Something that we don't think they worked hard enough to deserve, yet they get anyway.

We believe that it's not fair.  That we work so hard to barely make ends meet and yet here there is someone who doesn't do anything and gets everything.  When there is too much month left at the end of the money.  When the groceries just don't last longer enough.  When the kids clothes are worn and torn.  When the mortgage might not get paid this month and the car has been repossessed.  When our last dime is spent on a new refrigerator because the old one broke at the worst possible time. We wonder why me and what am I doing wrong?  

I said it once, but I will say it again,  life isn't fair.  But there is a free ride that we all can receive, yet non of us are entitled to.  That is eternal life though Jesus Christ.  You can't work to get, you can't earn it and you definitely don't deserve, but you get it regardless.  But there is one condition, you have to accept Jesus.

So next time you find yourself obsessing over someone elses "free ride".  Remember the one that has been given to you.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (ESV)8For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works,so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5 (NIV, ©2010) 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment