2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Floodgates

Flood GatesImage by mlibrarianus via Flickr
I have never really been an optimist.  I try to be, but its hard.  I guess I rather expect the worst so just in case,  I won't be let down.  I often feel forgotten, nonexistent, going through the motions.  The holidays are just a reminder of how bad it can get.  I hate the holidays.  I know, that is very blunt.  I wasn't always this way.   But it was usually around the holidays that we would get the news about my dad's cancer.  Kind of puts a damper on things.  I get really scared when this time of year comes around.  Waiting for bad news.

But this years was different.  After months of appointments my dad is cancer free :)  That is one obstacle out of the way.  The holiday expenses that usually leave us dry, didn't dry up this year.  Just when I think that God has forgotten me, He opens the floodgates.  This year I have felt it more than ever.  His forgiveness, His mercy, His love has literally consumed me.  This year I have truly been blessed.  This year I couldn't possibly ask for more.

Never underestimate God's ability to open the floodgates, at any given time.  Usually when you least expect it and when you feel least deserving of it.

Happy Holidays and God Bless!!!!

Malachi 3:10 (NIV, ©2010) 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honesty and willingness to be transparent with your readers. Our walk as Christians is never easy as you have said so well, sometimes I forget what I was taught so many years ago. That the road we have chosen to walk is narrow and full of scary things, the road others take is wide and easy.

    It's a miracle that He carried the weight of our sin, and then threw it in the deepest ocean. When I remember that, it makes the things on earth seem so small.

    I am so glad I found your site through blogfarm. When I figure all this out I will subscribe and be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading!!!! I try to be as real as possible, I am a Christian but I am so imperfect and I mess up so much and yet God still loves me!!

    God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2011, my dear.. although I am kind of late with the well wishes..
    I could relate to what you're expressing, especially the 1st and second last paragraph of your post..
    May 2011 be more fruitful and that no matter what happens, let us all, stay true to our heart; a place where God always stays!!
    *HUG*

    ReplyDelete