2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Every Time I Fail

it hurts to hurt someone :(Image by TLA8 via Flickr
There is a Ray Boltz song called "Does He Still Feel The Nails."  The line that gets me is "does he still feel the nails, every time I fail."  It got me to thinking.  I know Jesus died for me, and I wonder if every time I fail, if He feels the pain all over again. 

I fail daily.  No matter how hard I try there is always something that I do that causes me to fail, again and again. Am I hurting Him over and over again?  And if I am, how in the world can He still love me?  Does He turn his back on my so He no longer has to deal with the pain?  Or is He right there ready to endure it again because He loves me that much?  Is the pain really worth it just for me?  How can I change it?  How do I stop? Will I ever be worthy?

For reasons unfathomable to me, God loves me.  NO matter what I have done or how many times I fail.  I don't know if He feels the nails every time I fail, I hope not.  But I do know that He would endure it again and again just for me.  I just hope that one day I will be worthy enough for Him.

Romans 5:6-8 (NIV, ©2010) 6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 3:23-26 (NIV, ©2010) 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. It is hard for us to comprehend the love that He has for us... it's far beyond what we know to be love. It was what Jesus came to do... to save us and to rescue us over and over again. Our failures are a sweet testimony of that love and they are necessary to show His glory to others. I know it's so hard for us to accept this gift that we would not ever be able to give ourselves. I struggle with it too. What a joy though, to be sorted out and sanctified by Him and for Him. I think what you are feeling is awesome because it's true repentance for sins which is the beautiful mark of Him on you, a true gift! Great post :)

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your wonderful words!!! and thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete