2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, November 8, 2010

When Hope Is Lost

I hope you never lose your sense of wonderImage by David Masters via Flickr
Where are you Hope?  I can't find you, I seem to have lost you in the depths of my despair.  Hope, if you are there, please come back because I need you.  I need you to give me the meaning of this life again.  I need you to give me something to hope for again.  I need you to return Faith to my soul.

Today, I just feel hopeless, I feel lost.  I could literally cry on a dime.  My mind just seems flooded with problems, more problems then I can solve.  This burden is so heavy, I can't hold it any longer. I can't think straight, I can't concentrate.  I have been getting overwhelmed easily and that is something that doesn't happen often to me.

I can literally feel the room closing in on me and I can't breathe.  I want to leave but I can't.  I can feel the anxiety building up, an attack coming on.  I just get more and more lost. I get more and more hopeless.

What do you do when it seems that hope is lost?

Sometimes I believe that God has me get to this point for a reason.  When I get to this point when I feel all hope is lost,  He reminds me that He is here and He is not letting go.  I can just feel the rush and relief coming back to me so I can hope once again.  With God, hope is never lost, we just have to know where to find her.

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

1 comment: