2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Ungrateful

Grateful wall of ungrateful generations.Image by Ed Siasoco (aka SC Fiasco) via Flickr
I never really thought of myself as an ungrateful person.  I always try to be kind, help people.  I always try to go above and beyond the call of duty.  I always try to appreciate what I have in this life.  I am not materialistic, at least I don't think that I am.

But with all that aside, sometimes I catch myself, now more lately then ever, being ungrateful.  I catch myself thinking and expecting that I should get more, that I deserve more.  I work hard  and I do so much, I should be better appreciated and have more.  I even find myself getting angry about it. Sometimes I even say it out loud.  My sister kind of made the comment the other day that I was sounding ungrateful.  You know looking back she was absolutely right.

We always seem to want more, we always seem to think that we deserve more.  We think that we deserve to be treated better, respected more, make more money, have nicer things.  We all think we deserve more,  I know I do.  Sometimes,  I am completely ungrateful.  I must say I am ashamed of myself.

Whether we deserve better or not, we should still remain humble.  Once we get angry and ungrateful, then we really don't deserve it anymore.  We should do all things with no reward in mind.  Our hearts should be pure and should never be tainted  by ungratefulness.  I know its hard, but life just isn't fair, and it never will be.

Compared to God,  I count it all as lost.  There is nothing in this world that compares to Him.  There is nothing in this world worth losing Him.  Once you connect with God, the things of this world will have no substance, no measure, no bearing anymore. For Him I will give it all away, the things of this world are not enough for me.  And that is what I will remember the next time I find myself being ungrateful. I will count is all as lost.

Philippians 3:8-11 (NIV, ©2010) 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Philippians 3:8-11 hits the nail on the head, being born of Him, everything here on earth is secondary, to what is to come. At some point, His timing, we all will feel all the wealth of the world, having believed in Him :)

    ReplyDelete