2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, November 5, 2010

My Demise

the art of falling apartImage by stumayhew via Flickr
We are all responsible for our own demise.  We all have that choice.  We can choose which path to take and what decisions we make.  We know right from wrong, but most of us seem to make the wrong choice.  Why?  Maybe it is more appealing, maybe we are just stubborn.  Maybe  we are just so down and out that it is all we see.  Regardless I am responsible for my own demise. 

I have been getting caught up in a lot of things lately.  Things that could lead to my demise.  Angry at the world, frustrated at circumstances and feeling utterly alone.  Though anger, frustration and loneliness by themselves are not the problem, it is what I do because I feel this way, that is.  Sometimes we get so consumed with our feelings, it makes us do things that we regret.  We become someone that we don't want to be.  We crumble and we lose sight of things. We become consumed with our pride and our selfish desires. We fall away from God.

Falling away from God leads to our ultimate demise.  When we lose track of what He has taught us, what He has said.  When we forget all that He has done for us, all that He has given us. When we completely block out what God is trying to tell us.  When we can't see Him anymore, it leads up to our demise.

God never sets us up to fall, but He will be there to pick us up.  Only through Him we can find redemption and a reason to keep fighting and live again.  He is the only one that can build us back up when we fall.

Proverbs 24:16 (NIV)16 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

Matthew 22:29 (NIV) 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment