2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Moments of Clarity

In a moment of clarityImage by LaPrimaDonna via Flickr
They seem to be few and far between these days. Moments when my head isn't filled with so much insanity that I can't think straight. Moments from the stressful filled days. Moments of clarity where things make sense. Moments that stop me in my tracks and make me realize what I am doing wrong. Moments that make me realize who I have become. Moments that help me to change a bad behavior. Moments where I actually see people for who they are supposed to be instead of who they are. Little moments in time where I feel like I am seeing things, seeing people through God's eyes. In these moments I can actually breathe. In the few moments of clarity.


The problem with these moments is when they pass, I am right back where I started from. As if the moment never happened in the first place. Back to my dreary reality and pure insanity. How quickly we forgot and go back.  How quickly turn around as if nothing ever happened.

If only we could always see beyond the smoke and mirrors of this world.  If only we could have more and more moments of clarity.  If only we could  always see everything through God's eyes.  If only we always could see the sin before we sin.  If only we could always see beyond ourselves.

I long for those moments of clarity.  Those moments where I feel human again. Its my connection to God, it is how He reminds me that he is always there.

Ephesians 4:22-23 (NIV) 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds;

1 Timothy 1:5 (NIV) 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV) 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing sis and I love the verses that goes along with the blog

    ReplyDelete