2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Control Freak

controlfreakImage by celine nadeau via Flickr
I am a control freak.  I hate when things are out of my control.  I start to panic, I get anxiety, it will literally drive me insane when I can't control a situation.  I get frustrated, overwhelmed and angry.  Needless to say I hate when things get out of control, or at least out of my control. 

That seems to be my life lately.  A whole bunch of things that I can't control.  The problem is, it is literally driving to the brink of insanity, the edge of reason.    I just can't seem to let things go.   I can't seem to willingly lose control of a situation, even when it is for my own good.  I want it my way or no way at all.  I am not willing to back down and give someone else control.  I think that I always know what is best.

It is really hard to lose control over a situation.  It is even harder placing it is someone elses hands.  Who do you trust when things are out of control?

Even when  Job was laying on his death bed, he never cursed God.  He praised him through everything.  Especially when everything was out of his control.  In the worst possible situation, when he had nothing, he knew that God was always in control.

We can always trust God, especially when things are out of control.  We don't have to be in control of any situation, we just have to remember that God is, always.  We have to trust that with Him, we have to let go of being that control freak.

1 Chronicles 29:11 (NIV) 11 Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

Job 42:2 (NIV)2 “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I can relate so much to this! Lately, some big changes are coming to my life and some are not going the it's planned. I feel depressed or like I'm losing my nerve not all the time. Prayer and God's little blessings are the only thing keeping me sane right now.

    ReplyDelete