2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Beyond Understanding

The Great BeyondImage by juandiegojr via Flickr
There are some things that we just can't explain.  There are some things that are just beyond our understanding.  We feel as humans that we have to have an explanation for everything or something is wrong.  We need specifics, we need to understand.

Last week my dad went to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona for a 3rd opinion on his condition.  He has been having severe pain in his head and neck for the past few months.  The problem is the first doctor told him his cancer was back and the second told him he was cancer free.  He was confused and didn't really know who to believe.  How could he get two completely different diagnosis? 

So he decided to go to the Mayo Clinic to see what they would say.  Every time he goes to the doctor, its like I can't breathe.  I am so afraid of what they may say.  I am so afraid that they will tell him something none of us want to hear.  But they didn't, they confirmed the second doctors diagnosis.  He was told that he is cancer free and that his problems are aftereffects from the radiation treatment that he previously received.

Although he is relieved, he is angry.  He is wondering how the first doctor gave him such a horrid diagnosis and wanted him to start getting treatment.  Treatment that according to doctors 2 and 3 is unnecessary because he doesn't have cancer.  He faith in his doctors is barely existent.  He doesn't trust them anymore.

But, what if all of the diagnosis were right?  Strange as it may sound, what if they are all right?  What if somewhere between doctors 1 and 2 a miracle happened?  My dad has so many people praying for him.  He trusts God, he asked for prayer at church.  God hears our prayers and God answers our prayers.  What if this is an answered prayer?  I believe it is.

Miracles just happen, miracles still happen.  My past post "Doubt or Disbelief"  talks about when my dad was told  by doctor number 2 that he didn't have cancer.  Why do we doubt that this is possible?  Do we forget the God that we serve?  He is the God of the IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Is it easier to say that the other doctors just messed up then say that God healed him.  Is that what we have resorted to.  We have to explain it,  we need an explanation.  Beyond our understanding  just won't do.

Don't ever think for one second that God is incapable of anything.  This  is the same God Who spoke the world into existence.  The same God who healed the sick, and rose the dead.  He walked on water, He rose from the dead,  need I say more.    We don't need an explanation for everything, some things are just beyond our understanding.  Maybe the first doctors were wrong, but maybe they were right. That is where we walk by faith, because some things we just can't see.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV, ©2010) 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Hebrews 13:8 (NIV, ©2010)  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment