2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Never Alone

Never Alone // Hebrews 13:5Image by db photographs via Flickr
The other evening I wasn't feeling well,  actually I was in a lot of physical pain.  It was 1:00 in the morning and I couldn't take it anymore.  I told my husband that I was in a lot of pain and was going to the hospital.  I was too impatient to keep waking him until he understood, so I left and drove myself.   (He did show up later.) 

I didn't want to call my mom and scare her in the middle of the night, she has been dealing with so much lately with my dad.  I didn't want to add anything else to her already stress filled plate.  My sister had enough of her own problems and had work the next day. 

So I toughed it out and got in my car and drove myself.  I just prayed the whole way that God would keep me from passing out from the pain.  I got there ok, checked myself in and was waiting in my "room".  I felt so alone.  The drive there and now the stay.  There was nobody there.

Then I realized that I wasn't alone.  Not during my drive and certainly not during my stay.  I felt God's presence with me.  He had been there the whole time, holding my hand.  I suddenly felt overwhelmingly comforted, even though I was a little dramatic during my stay.  But through it all God never left my side.  He was there when I was terrified waiting to find out what was wrong.  While I had my blood drawn, while I had my x-rays taken.  While I was worrying, God was holding my hand.  My husband did show up shortly after I was admitted.  So I didn't spend the whole time alone.  But during those moments where my husband wasn't there I know He was.

Sometimes even "Christians" feel alone.  Sometimes it feels like there is nobody.  Nobody to count on, nobody to turn to. Nobody to lean on when things get bad.   But, no matter what our situation, no matter what is going on, always remember YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!!!!

Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV) 8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment