2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Loves Like A Hurricane

David Crowder: How He Loves
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
Another one for valentines day 'True Love' On ...Image via Wikipedia

I take a lot of comfort in knowing that God loves me this much.  Like a hurricane.  Have you ever been through a hurricane?  I have, I do live in South Louisiana, you know.  Hurricanes are powerful forces capable of destroying everything in its path.  When you see footage of hurricanes and they trees that can barely withstand the wind.  Some fall and some stay standing. I am the tree that stays standing, bending but standing.

God's love for us is force to be reckoned with. A love so powerful, a love so filled with grace, mercy and compassion. He sees us as we are supposed to be not as we are, imperfect I mean. His grace and glory consume me.  He is the love of my life. Sometimes I can just close my eyes and feel His presence.  I feel Him surrounding me with his love.

But He is a jealous God.  He puts nothing before us, and He only asks of us the same.  He doesn't want to come second to anything else in your life. He risked everything for us, He loves us that much.  As I type this I am taken back at the realization that God puts nothing before us.  He will move Heaven and Earth for us.  He is waiting patiently for us.  He listens to every word we speak, He holds every tear we cry.  He has always been there at our side.  He is jealous for me.

I know I keep posting over and over about God's love, but that is because its God's love.  Don't think you are not good enough.  Don't think it is impossible. Don't think that you can never be loved.  For this is the greatest love you will ever know.

Exodus 20:5-6 (NIV)5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is why my eyes are always filled with tears whenever I am at Mass, in church, praying or just being in the silence with Him..
    I always feel I am not good enough and asked why would he love me who has so much flaws.. I almost back out from getting my baptism at the last minute because I don't think I am good enough to be his child.. And then he send a priest to tell me this, 'My child, you are a creation from God.. God created you and in you, there is love and faith, which is what God ask of you.. If there is nothing good about you, why then does this man (my guy) here loves you dearly for the past ten years? Why is he willing to come and know God and even accepting him, wanting to be his child? Surely, there is something good about you and as for the 'bad' things you are thinking, you can overcome it with God's graces... and that is where I am now, in God's hands..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post while reading it one word comes to my mind. Assurance! We have that assurance in Him...Praise GOD.

    ReplyDelete