2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hide Away

Hiding IconImage via Wikipedia
Today was one of those days that I just wanted to hide away from the world.  It wasn't that I was having a bad day, in fact the day was pretty decent.  I got off of work early, had about half an hour of me time.

It wasn't just one thing in particular, just so many little things altogether.  So many things that have been building up with no release.

Its hard when you feel like you have no one to talk to, like there is no one who understands.  You keep things inside and try to hide away. We think that will solve our problems.  But, problems build up and sooner or later they surface and then you are not able to hide away any longer.

The truth is, we can hide away from the world.  We can stay in our own little bubble and bother no one. We can walk this earth  quietly and no one will notice. But we can't hide away from God.  There is no where, where He cannot find us.  He will never lose us, we can only run away from Him.  God is never lost, only we are.  We can try to hide, but there is no point when it comes to God.  Its a game of hide and seek that we will never win.  No matter where we hide, or how quiet we are,  He will always find us.

He knows our problems, He knows what we are keeping to ourselves. He has seen all that we have done and all we will do. He wants to take our burdens from us, if only we would let Him.  He holds us in His hands. So whats the point in hiding away?

Matthew 10:26 (KJV) 26Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Psalm 139:15-18 (KJV)15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. LOL, yep, pointless to hide but still we do.. more often than we realise.. I am learning not to hide but to face it.. as in smile and acknowledge it.. :)

    ReplyDelete