2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Count Your Blessings

BLESSINGS FROM THE SKYImage by d ha rm e sh via Flickr
After reading my last few post I came to the realization that my blog seems a bit dreary lately.  All of the talk of all the bad things going on around me, despair, desperation, hurt, anguish, pain. It kind of got me feeling down, even through I always try to find a way around to see God's bigger plan, sometimes its hard to see it at all.

Never doubt that I don't see blessings around me everyday.  Even though it usually takes the darkest moments in our lives to see the true work and character of God, we cannot forget Him when the blessings flow.  We cannot forget Him when all of our dreams come true, we cannot forget Him when we think we have everything we need or want.  

So my post today will be of happy thoughts, because although this world seems more bad then good, it is because that is what we choose to see.  Without the good things, this life would be pointless.  Without love, hope and dreams, we have nothing.  

I praise God for the gifts that he has given to me. I praise him for the ability to share my feelings with you.  I praise him for the wonderful children he has given me, my husband, my home, my job.  Even though sometimes I wish I could change things, I know that things could be worse. When I hate my job, I am thankful that I have a job.  When my kids drive me crazy, I remember that they are truly blessings from God.  When the finances are getting tight, I am thankful for the roof over my head and the food on the table.  The simple things that we take for granted every single day are the things that we should be the most thankful for.

We have to choose to see the blessings in our life.  If we dwell on all the bad then we get consumed with it and that is all that we see.

So today I urge you to take a moment, take a breath and count your blessings.  Choose to see what God has done in your life.

Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)24 " ' "The LORD bless you and keep you; 25 the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; 26 the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." '

Psalm 121:7-8 (NIV)7 The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. :) Yes, you are right.. *Hug* and my dear, I invite you to Tingtasy Gratitude Diary on Tingtasy if you have not been there.. Unlike the rest, this is a on-going series which will only write about thankfulness; gratitude..
    Go on to read it if you have the time.. It is just simple things and it is short to read.. ;)

    ReplyDelete